Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Did I say I was semi retired?

Not a chance.  Haven't had time to go through the other half of the vacation pictures yet!  So here are quilts!  This is my "Modern Landscape".  Love the idea of using geometric shapes for plants and leaves.  Start a new trend!

This is for a great friend!  Now I have to mark and baste.

Digital Hearts.

And another reason we are busier than before!  Adopted a German Shepherd!  Midnight is less than a year old.  A sweet dog!  But it means paying attention to his needs.  Had one accident in the basement because we were not paying attention to his signals.  Still a learning process for all of us.

Big dog, 61.5 lbs.  Good thing he listens.

Ok, here is the Hawaiian one that needs the backing sized and basting.

This castle, the fiber guitar and the Moon Glow were entered into the Oak Ridge Art Center's open art show.  This one did NOT get in.  It was "too cheesy" for this show.  So it was a male judge.  He picked the fiber guitar.  Moon Glow also didn't get in?!  So it's in the Cherrywood exhibit!

Another Hawaiian going on for the Quilter's Treasure shop's challenge.  I'm worried though.  I got an award for this year's and no telling what I won, and no batting sent yet.  They are usually slow, but not this bad.  Hope things are ok with that couple.  They have had health problems before.

This came off the "free table" at one  meeting.  Darlene grabbed it for me!  Love this!  Got to play with it.
 
 

Here is Moon Glow.  It did make it into the Cherrywood Fabric's challenge!  I'm in the 2nd group that will be traveling around the usa next year.  There will be a book published with all the finalists from both groups.  Now I'm going to vent a bit here, the fabric company has you buy their packet of fabrics and the 20" square has to be 100% their fabrics on the top and binding.  Ok, I spend about $100 on all fabrics, and this did include the entry fee in their blue packet.  They only were giving out 3 gift certificates...ok... but only in the first group of 120 that they picked.  So my group of 80, don't even get a chance to win anything.  They had 465 entries. (average sales that they could have made $100 = $4650.) They are making money and this will be free showing and advertising of their fabrics.  Yes it is a "feather" in my hat to be included.  But they are printing up a book of all the finalists.  So, do you think they could give us each a book?  If those cost $25 to $30, you know they get them at a lower price.  It would not kill them to show other quilters that they will give back to them.  Just saying....
 
Vent over.

This one is still in the frame.  It will come out, done or not.  The hearts will go in next.

Melissa brought in blocks that she had made ages ago.  So I have been playing around with them.  The blocks were 4 strips.  I cut them in half and made these blocks.  Kind of neat!

Ah, the back garden.  Most of this is weeds, even that 5foot tall one to the left.  It's pretty and is even bigger now!  Ok, I'll dig it out in the fall.  Wait!... that's like next week?
 
I have a 9 patch on the design wall that is for a great grand baby!  Another great friend is having the 6th one show up in January.  Too early to take a picture of that.
 
Also need to vacuum, laundry, take the dog to a park, get a coffee with Terry...and there's my day.  So while they are out walking now, I'd better get back to work.
 
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment