Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Monday, August 28, 2017

More of the trip!

What's in the shops?  Chess!  I collect chess sets.  Love these.

Very different.

Cats! 

Too cute!

A merry go round in the square!

This part of a sculpture ,


another view,

and the whole thing with Terry standing there.  It was cool.

Other art in the park close to where the boat docked.

This is the bridge that goes over the Rhine.  One side is Germany, the other side is France.

Art in parks everywhere.

And a path to walk around with more.

The side of a building!  Modern art!

And one of the dinners on the boat!  Appetizer.

Main meal!

Beer with it!

Good time seeing the kitchen where the meals are prepared on the ship.  I didn't stick around.  Been in kitchens all my life.

The bus trip up into the Black Forest area.  It was beautiful.




A short stop to rest our legs and the local ladies came up to say hi.

The aquaduct that was built by the Romans.

We hiked up part of the trail in the forest.

This was the easy part.  Then you went to stairs, and then to a ladder.  I didn't make it to the top!

The waterfalls were beautiful.


And a snail, bigger than my hand!  No wonder they eat them over there!

This is a machine to cut lumber!  Left behind.

Too cool looking.  Steam punk before it was cool.

One of the local fountains.  They have fountains in every city and village with spring water coming out of them.

Inside the shop that has coocoo clocks.

Quite a variety!

More .....

And this is the one that Terry and I both liked!  3,200 Euros was more than we could spend.

Love these cats.  There is one woman who designs and makes these  I did get one to bring home for me.

This outside clock chimed at noon and the figures on the second floor did their thing.

Gift shops.

and a water wheel that brought power to the buildings a long time ago.
 
Going through the pictures now is great to review and remember the trip.  I haven't felt great since we got home.  Tired achy hip and irritated lungs.... Just been too busy to stop and heal!  So I'm trying to get entries into shows and get to meetings.  I taught a Hawaiian quilting class on Saturday.  Worn out!
 
I entered 3 pieces into the open art show here in Oak Ridge's Art Center.  One got in, and not the one that I though would get in!  Can never tell.....
 
So I'll keep quilting and posting!
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment