Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Monday, June 26, 2017

Hawaiian quilts!

I adore Hawaiian Quilts!  Got this one appliqued down.  I was going to take it on a trip....lots of work in a small baggy.... but this one was way to big to carry in a suitcase!

I cut out the light green for the leaves first and it was too bright.  So do you throw it away?  Nope, cut out the darker green and sewed that down over it.  Adds more color and sparkle!  All Hand Appliqued.  So I found a fabric that works color wise for the backing, and there was enough yardage... which led me to the next one to cut out!

Not this one... I bought this one at the small quilt sale at SMQ's show!  My colors!

And this is a castle I designed.  Needle turn applique on the stones!  If you look close, there is gold netting in some of the windows as if the lights are on!

THIS is the next Hawaiian one I cut out yesterday.  I designed it also.  That is not hard.  Anyone every cut out snowflakes from paper as a kid?  Same thing.  I drew it out on freezer paper first.  Making adjustments as I went along.

Still pinned down, and today, I will baste it.  Not sure if this will be on a trip or just get dragged to bee every week!

Terry has been busy!  We had these 2 rain barrels for years.  And he got this built to hold them up and catch the rain behind our shed.  No water back there for the grass...now there will be!

Now climbing back up our steep back yard!  Here's the view of the deck and garden. 

I did get some lavender at the festival and put it in a pot for this year.  Want to see how big the plant gets before putting it in the dirt.  Nice hosta there, and plenty of weeds behind that!  Yea, I still have to finish the weeding...

Deck was pressure washed and stained!  Looks so wonderful now and the sun shouldn't ruin it this summer!  Hopefully, it will last for a couple of summers.
 
Owning a house is never ending work and repairs but when it gets done, for a few days, it's wonderful! 
 
Back to the basting!
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment