Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Why keep blogging?

got this off the "free" table at the last meeting.  I couldn't believe she wouldn't quilt it!

It did have a large square in each corner that seemed to fight your eye for attention.  So I cut that down to a triangle and seems to be gentler on the eye.

Been quilting in feather designs.  I love those. 

black thread in the blue triangles and yellow thread on the black fabric.  Really stands out nicely.
 
So?  Why keep blogging?  No one makes any comments.  No feed back.  I have a few friends who tell me that they like looking at the blog.  Here's who else tuned in the last week:
United States  54
Russia 23
Germany 5
UK 5
Netherlands 5
France 4
Venezuela 4
Portugal 2
Canada 1
S. Korea 1
 
I believe that some of these hits are actual quilters, but several are not.  My computer is being hacked again.  Want to guess where they are coming from?  Pick a number, any number. 
 
I used to get up every morning and write for 20 minutes on the blog.  Then it got farther apart.  Loved sharing quilts from shows, and what I'm working on.  But if no one can take the time to even let me know that they are enjoying this, then it's time to quit.  I listed things for sale at times, with no response.    I don't believe that several of the hits are actual quilters.  They are searching for something else.  Before the election last fall, there were 154 hits from Russia.  Do I believe that there was something fishy going on with elections... ?  Right....
 
So?  Either let me know you are there.  Quit hacking into my computer.  Or I'm done.  I'm just a quilter working at home and enjoying fabric. 
Patty

4 comments:

  1. I am a hand quilter. . . and I read your blog. . . .I am usually at work when I do and don't often have time to actually comment.

    I blog also, don't get many comments. . . so then it turns into months before I write another post.

    There just does not seem to be enough hours in the day to do everything that I want to do. Maybe things will get easier in 10 years when I can retire (maybe)......but, based on what my older friends say it doesn't. . .oh well, I'll just keep plugging along.

    And try to write more comments.

    Have a lovely day. . .you are doing a good job on that freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read your blog before, but your title caught my eye in the Quilting Blogs reader. Perhaps a reason to continue blogging is to document your work for yourself and no one else. It's nice to have all of the quilting memories in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog

    about the zoo.Never went there.
    Told my Dutch friends you needed comments so hope
    they listened.Don't stop.I like your blogs and I am not so into blogs altogether but yours is good.
    Love,J.C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blogs. I enjoy seeing what you are doing. I don't buy handmade quilts, I attempt to make them. Start more than I finish.

    ReplyDelete