Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Monday, October 3, 2016

Eye Candy!

The Asheville quilt show was great!!!  More than 400 quilts and better vendors than the AQS show in Chattanooga.  I love this show!

Most quilts I haven't seen before.  Which is wonderful.  Some shows you travel too, it's just the same quilts over and over again.  Not this show!

Beautiful designs that are very different.

Most are machine quilted... but 2 out of 3 that took best awards, were hand quilted.

Stunning quilts.


Bright quilts!

Simple ones that were very interesting.

Grouchy lady bugs!

And black with brights that was fun!

There was another blue flamingo in the show besides mine.  this is all a leaf one.  Just wonderful.

Then there were several for sale through the guild's shop that was in the middle of the show.  This was super!  If I had all the money in the world, I would have gotten this one as well as about 10 others...

This woman, Diane Ramsey, did a talk on improvisational quilting.

Her's are great!  So I can see sitting down and trying out her technique.

Modern quilts were there and were great.

This is huge!  And I love the movement in it as well as the colors.

Painted! 

I think this was the best use of patterned fabrics.

"That's no moon..." 

city scapes!

Lots of quilts with circles, which I'm into right now.

All mini hexes!  So well done!

Hand appliques hexes about 1" or smaller... with a splash of color in there...

Simple is great also!  This is a wonderful idea, that can be expanded to many shapes.

This was radiant!  The picture doesn't do it justice at all...
 
Ok, I'm jazzed up to start so many new quilt ideas... trouble is, like most quilters, so many projects already piled high on the table!  But that's ok.  I'll get them started so I don't forget about them. 
 
Keep going to shows.  Listen at the lectures.  Get books and fabrics!  I hear how so many women want to get rid of some things... why?  you spent so much time and money collecting these things!  Enjoy them.  Stamp collectors are never going to use the stamps.  So hold onto those fun things!
Play
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment