Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Oh My G*D... that driveway.

Ok, it's been weeks!  And the noise and workmen out there have driven me crazy.  Today I finally got to get my car out of the garage today.  It smelt stale inside it.  But I got to cruise around town for a bit!

Looks great.  Did you know that after they pour a drive, that you can't drive on it for 2 weeks!!!  What!  So the truck was still over at my neighbor's until today! 

This was when they were sealing it.  2 coats, one with sand for traction.

There is still more to be done... another drain along side it and dirt put back up to the edge.  It is bigger than most dance floors in bars!

Sealing it.

And this was the pumper truck for the first part of the pour.  Unreal how big that is.  They had to pour half of the drive one day, and the other the next day.

So, I finished this and took it to Atomic Fiber shop to be in their challenge.

This was one baby quilt that a friend had me machine quilt.  Now, I'm not the greatest machine quilter by any means, but the baby was coming!

I hand quilted this little one.   It was made from a charm pack that I won last year in the Row by Row challenge.

This is the other baby quilt that I machine quilted.  Just in case it's a boy  It was cute!

I also won a jelly roll.  So I made this top.  The colors were the roll fabrics and it took about 2 1/2 yards for the light blue part.

I did go to a yard sale and got some beanie babies that are supposedly hard to find.  So if anyone is interested in buying any, I'll take $10 each plus shipping.  On line they go from $1000 to $24,000 for one of them!  Wow, where is that collector when you need them!
 
 




The blue crab is still in the bag.  I got him a long time ago to send to a friend...she moved and I don't have her address!
 
So I also have been sewing up pillow cases to give through the guild to Children's Hospital.  They give each child who comes in, a pillow case this toys, books, or games.  Some kids come in with now bag or suitcase, so the pillow case doubles as that.  As I was making those, I realized that these would be great presents to take over to England!  Light weight, unbreakable, easy to pack... I am always looking for gifts like that!  So of course, I went into mass production mode.  I'm also making smaller bags to sell at the Art Center on November 12.  I signed up to have a booth there. 
 
I haven't had a place to sell things in a long time.  I bought a small table to bring and have other display units that will work.  I'm glad I started way early this year to have things done up.  So I should have a nice booth of bags, bowl koosies, quilt tops, small quilted wall hangings, pin cushions, and a couple of other things.  Mark your calendar to come to this sale.  It's one day only , and a lot of great artists there! 
 
I also went on a quilt retreat with the greatest bunch of women!!!  Thursday Bees!  One has a cabin in the mountains of North Georgia, and we all fit  there.  9 of us!  We had 4 days, and 3 nights of laughing, games, quilting, food, 2 quilt shops, and several other shops, dinner out 2 nights, and a play!  And did I mention laughing!!!  And eating.  It was much needed by all of us.  I felt so wonderful there and came home super relaxed.  We want to plan another in the Spring, and there's a quilt show in Savannah in February, that we are looking into all going. 
 
I can't believe that it's been a month since I posted.  I have been in a daze with all that has been going on around here.  And there is more of that to come.  So I will try to be better at posting.  I have been sewing almost in a panic to keep out reality a lot of the time.  I am so glad that I have Thursday bee to help out mentally and emotionally. 
 
Terry will be home on Tuesday, and he will be retired.  I feel like I have spent so much of my life just waiting for him to get home.  Then he's in a hurry to get every thing done that needs attention, and he's back at work.  So I'm signing up for vacations and we are going to do more things together...and not just stuff around the house.  I'm 63, and my body is annoying most days.  I want to go do things before it's worse.  Funny how that creeps up on you.
 
Life is short!  Go do stuff!  Cut up the good fabric and play with it!  Call your friends!  Travel to go see them!  Laugh, a lot!!! 
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment