Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Working!

Here's the scrappy blocks that I have sewn mostly out of my scrap bags!  I love bright colors!

And here are the blocks with the sashing and border.  Turned out fun!  It's 72 by 66".  So if anyone is interested in buying this one, send me a comment.

This is one for a customer.  One of the last I will do for commission work. 

She sends me the pattern and fabrics and I make it from the beginning to end.  Plenty of open space to quilt!

I have made some more bags to sell at the Holiday Sale at the Art Center in November.  Two weekends before Thanksgiving is the sale.

Love these women, so they are on great bags to carry your sewing things.

I love the red zipper fabric in the back ground!  Wish I had gotten more of it when I saw it!
 
That's why so many people buy fabrics.  When you see it, you have to get it!  You may never find it again.  They go out of print so quickly, and shops all carry such different fabrics.  So I have a wonderful stash at home to play with.  Just been having more fun making things for now reason!  But this also adds to my Christmas giving list of goodies! 
 
It's been in the 90's for so long now.  I can't do much out in the heat  when it's like this.  Not that I do a lot out there anyways, but it's terrible now.  And they had a bad air quality day too.  So you come in with a big head ache from that. 
 
You can blame so much on the weather.  But it's all good when you can stay in the sewing room and have fun!  When I was a kid and went to Mom and said I was bored....she would pull out all kinds of stuff and say, "why don't you make something."  And so I did.  All the time. 
 
They are starting work on the driveway.  So Monday they will have the jackhammer out there to break up the old concrete drive and take that away.  Then they will widen the drive and put in drainage.  So I will be parking in the neighbor's drive until they are done.   The noise will be starting at 7:30am.  I told them not to work into the heat of the afternoon.  I don't want guys all over my front lawn from heat exhaustion!  We will see how this goes! 
 
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment