Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Sunday, April 17, 2016

charity quilt

One of the guilds that I'm in gives quilts to the Hospice House for people who go through chemo have something to keep them warm.  So this years challenge is to make one using a color of a cancer ribbon.  Mine is teal for ovarian cancer.  I was trying to figure out how to place the fabric strips onto the teal.

This is what I came up with.  And you can see the borders there.  Very plain, but I'm doing a lot of hand quilting.

Here's what I have got going so far.

and this is a close up of the quilting.  I love to hand quilt.  And over half the quilt had to use the color of the ribbon.  So this way it's more than half.  I seem to get sized wrong lately and I don't follow rules....I use them as a jumping off point, like a diving board.  Once I'm "in the water" I go all over the place. 
 
My Mom died from ovarian cancer.  Crappy stuff.  Hope no one ever, ever has to go through that.  Or any other cancer for that fact.  So this is passing something warm to another person to help them out. 
 
Practice random acts of kindness!
It will do your heart good!
Patty
 
PS.  My shingles are healing.  It is a virus and you just don't get over that in a couple of days.  I have been worn out and tired.  Trying to get more rest and eat better.

Oh!  And this one is in the frame.  Just been plugging away at this when I feel good.

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to make a charity quilt. Your hand-quilting is stunning!

    ReplyDelete