Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Just keep working!

I found this wonderful piece of a quilt top in an antique shop.  The edges had been chopped off badly.  But it was all hand pieced and I love the fabrics and design.  I'll never piece a top in this pattern!  So I have quilted it up by hand and turned the backing over to the front for the binding.  they used to do it like that a long time ago.  Now it will go to a dear friend for her to enjoy!

This one was hand pieced!  What a job!  And I hand quilted it.  She'll finish the edges.  There are also buttons to go on the vines in the light color strips to be flowers.

The blocks are 3 3/4" square.  Nice piecing with all the points meeting up very well.

I don't do miniatures...the pieces are so small that my hands just don't work well with them.  Smallest I have ever done, the squares were 1 1/2" and finished 1" square.  That was some 9 patch to be making.
 
So much to do and never enough time to get to it all!  I have to take in a car to the shop tomorrow, and will get a loaner so I can go get my hair cut, and use my birthday coupons at Joannes!  Yes!  The 22nd is my Bday and I'm going to have a good time all month!  Terry and I celebrate our anniversary all year!  Why not!  Can't let all these appointments get in our way of fun!
 
I will be getting a couple more little projects done and out of the way on the table.  Then I will piece a top or two for March.  The fun will continue or the beatings will take place!  Read that on a pirate flag! 
 
We made the start of plans to take a Viking Cruise next year....I'm so excited, but now have to really wait!  Worse than a kid waiting for Christmas.  But I'm going to keep up with the quilting and try to loose some weight to get new clothes for the trip....
(well, keep quilting anyways!).
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment