Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Sunday, January 24, 2016

More basting...

Ok, I did baste this one the other day.  I really wish I could remember where I got it!
This one I got at a yardsale!  Not sure why they picked those colors.  Maybe high school color and UT?  So I'm appliqueing daisies on the purple blocks!
This is in the frame!  I actually made 2 of these.  One I donated to a friend and it went up for an auction to help animals.  I found this one and it's been years waiting to get done. 
Another thing I just found (again) is this cross stitch quilt top!  That's been around for over 30 years!  I had every intention of doing this.  My Mom went to a craft shop that was closing and she bought out all of the floss.  The more you bought, the less each cost!  So it ended up being about $.02 each skein!!!  And I still have a ton of it so I could still do this project.  There was someone on facebook who said she was looking for one of these, but that was a while ago also!
This was the start of the snow last Thursday.  We ended up with the 5" of white.  When things were clear enough on Saturday, I went to the store and loaded up on supplies.  We had ice and flurries after that.  Still home today.  I'm planning on getting out of here tomorrow!  Even routing things will be nice!!!
 
Got plenty done and a little more organized.  Yea!  The rest will have to wait!
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment