Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Friday, January 8, 2016

Happy New Year!

OK!  Starting off the year with a quilt top made out of these panels.  Came as one set, and cut them apart.  Very light colors so I decided to add more dark colors around them.

Started by framing each panel in dark blue.  Then made the blocks... and made more blocks....

It fit together fine enough.  I was trying to make 6 1/2" x 8 1/2"  blocks....but somehow they ended up 7 1/2 x 7 1/2".  Oh, well,  it works!

Since the panels are light, I have been thinking about doing big stitch with floss to add colors in there.

It's 70" x 61".  If anyone is interested in buying this top or having it quilted up to your specifications, then email me or leave a comment.
 
Terry has been busy in the basement building a box that hangs from the ceiling to hold the vennere until he needs it.  The box actually looks like a big door in the ceiling!  Kind of funky, and I like it!
 
And now back to our regular quilting show!  I'm going to sit at the frame and quilt some more on the turkey tracks, and also work on the cars and trucks quilt top.  We had Thursday bee yesterday, and we all needed to get together!  So much to talk about and laugh!  What a wonderful group of women to have as friends!!!!
 
Patty
(ps, about my spelling... sorry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment