Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Turkey Tracks and Trucks

Ok!  I got this quilt top in an antique shop.  I just loved the fabrics and the pattern.  It is Turkey tracks, even though you can't see it very well.  So I'm going to show you the block....

There is the turkey track block.  Easier to see with the paper there.

Now you take one sheet away and it's still there.

Just love the fabric!  It was all hand pieced.  The fabrics seem to be a sack, whether it's flour, sugar, or feed sack, I don't know.

It's wonderful to quilt on an older quilt top.  I do wonder, who made it.  I would love to meet the maker or the family.

This one is for a new baby girl.  It's bigger than just a baby quilt so she can use it longer.

The pattern is the disappearing 4 patch.

Now I'm working on around town quilt.
All cars and trucks, you use steam a seam to get the applique onto the fabric.  Not used to working with this stuff, but the cars are adorable!

Here's some that are ironed on.  And I have been stitching the black thread around the black pieces. 

It's going to take a loooooong time to get it all appliqued down.
 
Good news!  This is my 500 posting!  What fun!  I know I haven't been posting like I did at first.  I can't believe it almost the end of December and 2115.  Time gets pushed to go faster so we buy things for each holiday sooner and sooner.  I haven't decorated for Christmas yet.  I do have the shopping part done and some wrapping done.  But with the crazy weather and Terry won't be home until the 29th, its not Christmas time yet!
 
Not so great news....a quilting friend fell down stairs and landed wrong.  Memorial service is this Wednesday.  I just saw her last Monday at the guild meeting.  You never know what can happen.  So get into that sewing room and cut up those wonderful fabrics and enjoy them.  Hug your friends and tell people you love them. 
 
Have a Merry Christmas! 
Lots of Love!
Patty!

No comments:

Post a Comment