Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Where have I been? To a quilt show!

Don't you love it when you take a trip and there's a quilt show going on that you just "bump" into?! 

I went to see my sister in NH.  Had to drive there in the fun car!  And I picked up the Sunday paper at about 2:45...and there it was!  A quilt show that was to end at 4pm....

Run!  We went and got there late, so no charge to get in!  We went around and saw the quilts.  The vendors looked exhausted...so not much shopping.  Laura did get cards and addresses so we could get to shops that were close by.

I didn't get much information about this challenge, but the workmanship was pretty good!!!

There were some very interesting quilts in here!  Love the colors they used.

Eye candy!

Very nice designs.

Just love the way the colors blend.

This was so striking.  Pictures don't do it justice.

So much fun to see what others are making.

I have seen this one, so I'm wondering if its a pattern or the same quilt?!


This was neat!  Abstract is great.

Then there are the fun ones!  Love the bunnies!

All pieced.

This was beautiful.  The woman who made it won the sewing machine.  We were there when they drew the name. 

Another challenge piece.  Looks very real to me!

Something about the fortunes in cookies.  They had to incorporate the fortune into their piece.

This was cool.

And an uber mini paper pieced one.

These flowers were really well done.

Lots of 3-d in the flowers.
 
So do you plan a vacation around quilt shows?  Or do you just "happen" to come upon them?  I do both.  Mostly plan a trip around them. But love it when you happen to find one going on.
 
People have all told me not to say on line when I am going out of town.  Could lead to people coming to your home when you are away.  It would be crazy quilters to get my fabrics!  But I understand the line of thinking.  I still would like to talk about the trips while they are going on.  I just get wrapped up in the trips and don't use the computer very much.
 
If you get up to Maine...there is a great store that has a lot of things in it, especially fabric!!!  And the prices range from $3.49 to $4.99 for quilting fabric!  Yes!  I always go there.  It's Mardens.  And I always drive up so I can bring back the fabrics and not worry about how heavy a suitcase might be on a plane! 
 
I don't know what happened to this year! It's flown by.  I'm teaching a hand quilting class this Saturday in town.  So nice to have a quilting store in town!!!  Atomic Fibers in Oak Ridge, TN.  They have yarns also. 
 
Did Halloween happen?  And that holiday with the bird is coming up.... and Christmas... just going by too, too fast.  I still want it to be summer.  I had to work in the garden a couple of days ago.  That always hurts my hands.  I have several quilts to work on and would rather be doing that than gardening.  But winter will be here all too soon and the flowers have to be set to bed for the winter!
 
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment