Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Time flies while you try to keep up!

Here is the Dresden plate quilt that I have been quilting on.  You can see there are several large areas that need quilting.  Older quilts have the cross hatching in the background.

So I had to mark the whole back ground and quilt it.  A lot of work, but it looks wonderful!  Just need to put on the binding.

This is me in the newspaper section, Style.  I need to make some newer clothes.  They are so much fun to make and wear.   A friend of mine turned my name into the newspaper years ago, and they photographed me.  It was fun! 

This is a small quilt all about cats.  Just had fun playing with the sayings.  Every fabric on it has something about cats in it.

This is the other side.. more cats!  I made it with a friend in mind... She lives in Scotland.... I don't know if she would like to have it or not.  Maybe I need to email her and find out! 

Here is my curses challenge.  I had another much bigger idea to make...but my time doesn't seem to be my own lately!  Thursday bee wanted to do a challenges about curses.  Came about from a story that was told to us about a woman in a very bad marriage.  So she made quilts and sewed curses into them, like: "may any man show sleeps under this die."  There were a lot more, but you get the idea.

I don't remember if I showed the row by row challenge that I finished.  I won the  fabric from a local shop.  I do love this quilt!!!
 
The gardens all need some kind of attention.  Whether it's trimming, or getting the leaves out of them.  Need to spray roundup on the new garden bed that Terry put in the front lawn.  And I need to up date quicken soon.  I spent the whole morning cleaning things.  Bathroom, my CPAP equipment, the dishwasher looked gross inside, and laundry.  Just stuff that you have to do that no one notices unless you don't do them.  So I went and treated myself to a mocha frappe at Books a  Million.  And then had fun picking out books and toys to give to the Children's Hospital!  They take donations through BAM.  I love that!  Now I'm in a much better mood!  Easy to pick out kids toys and books... I got a couple for me too. Can't help it.  The one with stickers was adorable.
 
I finished quilting out to the edge of the plates quilt, and cut out the binding.  That will get sewn up and attached tomorrow.  The quilt in the frame is coming along quicker since it went into the frame.  I want to get that done in time so she can send it to the great grand baby! 
 
Thanksgiving is next week!  I have a great friend who always takes me in for the holiday!  There have been several other people who invite me over.  If it's just me, and one other member of my family, I can't see cooking all that stuff just for a "holiday".  I always bring something over, usually the sparkling cranberry or apple cider drink.  And this year, I'll make brownies.  I'm great at desserts... just not too hot on other stuff. 
 
So give Thanks for your friends who understand you!  Eat well.  Do something for someone else who might need some help.  It will make you feel good! 
 
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment