Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Yves St. Lauren collection at the Bowes Museum

This is the Bowes Museum.  A beautiful old private home!  Not quite a castle, but pretty close to it! 

Here are some of the collection of Yves St. Lauren.  His stuff is gorgeous! 

It showed things over the life span and how he designed!

This is what he was setting up for a collection.  It has the fabric samples.  All numbered for a runway show.

He made hats! 

There was embroidery like you wouldn't believe!

Jewels in the pineapples!  All hand done.

This is how he drew out the patterns!

Another section.

And this is all BEADED and done with jewels!

This is a sample piece to see if it would work out.

He did patchwork too!!!!

Another drawing of designs!

This is a very old (medival) coat to show what was being done a very long time ago.  The buttons are super embroidered!

Flowers and all kinds of details.

This is one of St. Lauren's gorgeous dresses. 

More patchwork and applique! 

Then his "60's" designs.

Was starting to get more wild.

I loved this!  Simple and fun.

more with lots of embroidery!

All beaded and red jewels.

This one must have weighted a ton.

And a big red dress too....
 
Enid and I were drooling over the dresses and designs!  This display brought in more people into the Bowes than any other show.  I'm not surprised!  But it seems that the museum was. 
 
I'm trying to catch up with so many things around here.  First day with no rain, so I weeded beside the driveway for hours.  My hands hurt so badly, that no sewing today!  I did sit and quilt at the frame yesterday!  I didn't realize how much I have missed it during the vacation.  Need more smaller pieces to carry around with me! 
 
So if that Yves St. Lauren could do all those wonderful things, so can you!  Get in there and have some fun.  I work in a series once in a while to just try different things.  What if you change out some part, or add in something else.  You never know until you get in there and start to cut!
Patty

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Patty. So glad you're back to blogging. What a great trip! LUV the Yves St-L dresses--over the top. I'm in the midst of organizing fabric from our haul. Have to clean out my studio to make space for it! Looks so cool. Remembering our great visit together!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete