Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Thursday, October 8, 2015

More of the trip.

I love the art work that some people put into their homes.  This is a metal work on either side of their drive. 

Then in this antique shop, they have the sheet music on the stairs,

and a wall!  Very cool when you have it all done.

This is the glove box that I got at that antique shop.  It's painted with the dragon and the snake.  It made it home in my suitcase just fine.

The old pubs are changing in a way.  They have found that people just don't come down to have a few beers.  So they are now switching to serving more food, or becoming Bed and Breakfast places.  You have to change to stay in business.  I'm glad this old bar is still there!

Close to the shore, the old buildings can withstand the storms and winters!  I love the stone buildings.

This is a mosaic wall pieces....with a VW bus?  Didn't make sense to me having that in there with the town crier.

And another mosaic showing all the animals in the area with the train.

Now I love this tree!  It's outside of Enid's front window, just across the street.  It looks like something straight out of a Harry Potter book.

This is High Force.  A beautiful waterfall.  When it's been raining, there would be a second one on the right.

This was the path down to it on the right side.

The big old rocks almost look like there are faces in them!  I took lots of pictures of them!

This explains more about High Force.

This was the path on the left side to go up higher to look down on the falls.  (I see a quilt here!)

And here's a picture of it looking down! 
 
We do want to travel more than we have been.  I amazed at things out "there".  I need to go up into the Smoky Mnts more, just because I'm close to them. 
 
I have put together a quilt top, and working on handquilting the one in the frame.  Also fooling around trying to make a piece for a challenge....but I don't like the way it's coming out right now.  I do have an idea that I can do it differently though because I have tried it one way already.  So experiment and see what happens! 
 
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment