Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Rows are done!

Here it is!   I have 9 rows in this.  All hand quilted!

The bottom 2 rows were from quilt shops out in NV.  Sent to me by a great friend out there!  She got me going on this project and I had a blast doing this!

The waves are from Sewing Machines etc., here in Knoxville.  I added the rubber ducks in there for fun.  The boots in the puddle are from a shop in Tazwell.  Can't remember the name of that one!

The one on the left side is from Mid South Sewing.  The lines under it are a waterfall.  The crab with the flip flop is from Atomic Fibers in Oak Ridge.  I will be teaching the hand quilting class there.

The elephants in the mud are from Gina's in Knoxville.  And the top one with the birds flying is from Quick Cuts in Clinton.  I worked with my own fabrics....I have plenty.... so the colors would all work together.  I just got the binding on it today.  So tomorrow I will call and see if any shop has not had a winner show up and see if I can actually win something!  That would be fun!
 
Quilt meeting is Monday night in Oak Ridge.  Love this guild.  They are fun.  Let's face it, we can all use more fun.  A good friend of mine is here from Tunsinia.  She's a blast and does her own technique of quilting.  I marvel at it!  Always try new things.  Then you can teach or write a book on it. 
 
Well, Terry and I went to go get him a couple of pairs of pants.  And I didn't want to have to hem them, so we went to Burlington Coat place... he got 2 pairs that don't need hemming.  I tried some on and actually found 4 pairs that fit!!!  and they all need hemming.... damned.  now I still have to do that!  Not fun, but have to do it.  I should find petite, but you can't always.  So they are 2 to 4" too long.
 
Got so much to do! 
Keep playing with your fabrics!
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment