Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Been busy!



I love this fabric!  I was calling to me to make another bag.  This one is bigger, so I can use it on a daily basis.

inside pockets!

the other side, inside!

This is the vest that I finished.  Front....

...and back side!

Now I found a stack of 6" squares.  And I really don't remember where I got them.  They all had circles or dots.  And so they became the disappearing 4 patch!  Add some blue and more circles!

Here's a closer shot of 2 of the blocks


Now I also tried some dying one day!  Used the left over Easter egg coloring!

Here's a bunch of the cotton crocheted pieces.

I stuffed them into Ziploc bags with the color.

Then I hung them over a dry rack and some of the colors ran into other pieces!

I like the way it all turned out.

Now I want to figure out what to do with them.

It all smells like vinegar.  But the colors are gentle.  This is a big piece of cotton linen.

other colors and fabrics.

Even some zebra fabric came out cute.

some white-on-white fabrics came out kind of fun!
 
I have been wanting to do this for over a year!  The stuff has been sitting on the sewing table all that time!  So I wrote on the calendar, which day to try it.  Sometimes you have to give yourself permission to do things!
 
Tomorrow I'm spending the day with a good friend.  We are going to go through antique/junk shops.  A fun thing to do and be able to keep talking the whole time.  Then Saturday is the quilt show in Norris, TN.  Please come if you have the time.  The whole town has activities going on.  Loads of fun and quilts to see! 
 
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment