Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Been a while!

Don't have pictures today!  Been busy with the house and went for a weekend at the track!  First, I have been staining the rails on the railing of the deck.  Can only work for an hour or two and I'm so hot!  The heat in East TN is awful this year!  I'm almost done.  Just have to do the rails on one side of the stairs.  And there is a bush there that I have to trim back first.

Second and most fun, we went to the Barber Track in Alabama!  I had the best weekend of driving that I have ever done!!!  The heat was terrible, but we have the cool shirts, that circulate cold water around you.  So in the car wasn't bad.  I had a great instructor the really helped me on the corners that I have never gotten around easily.  This time I was smooth on the track and picked up speed.  Now everyone asks "how fast do you go?"....well I'm busy driving and don't look at the gauges very often.  But when I did, I was always at least 74 to 95 mph.... I am probably a little slower on the corners, and a little faster at the end of the straights, but I'm busy and things are coming up quickly.  So I was laughing and having a great time.

In the sewing room, I have 2 1/2 plates left to applique onto the top fabric of the Dresden plate quilt.  The one in the frame is waiting patiently.  The one on the design wall has something else on it, but I seem to be stuck on this design.... needs more of something....it will come. 

July 4th, in Norris, TN, is the quilt show from the guild there.  I'll be there most of the day!  Great group of women who do wonderful quilts.  It's view's choice for the ribbons, so come see and vote!  The rest of Norris is like stepping into a Norman Rockwell painting!  The kids decorate their bikes and have races.  The library sells off books and things.  There are tents set up by the scouts, birds of prey, and other groups with baked goods.  The slip and slide is set up on a hill and all the kids and people can get wet there!  BBQ is put on by the Lions club and the women in town all bake pies that are for sale!  get there early for those!  They sell out fast!  I usually spend the whole day over there and have a great time!  They do fireworks in the evening. 

I will put pictures up the next time.  That is why I love going through other blogs.  Haven't even had time to do that!  Keep projects going!  Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment