Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Split Squares

Yea!  The binding is on!  I'm sewing on the casing today and will make a label.

Had fun in the borders doing something different in the quilting.  Most of it was stitch in the ditch.

Easy quilt and I used up some of the strips from my leftover bags.  Still plenty in there!

Next quilt is in the frame.  This is an antique top that I got in a shop.  I call it the 9 patch basket.  Someone said they saw it in a Quilter's Newsletter Magazine many years ago.  Thought it was called a basket of posies.  It is marked and ready to go.  Just need some more time! 
 
Last night at the guild, one woman who had died...her husband sent all her fabric down to the guild.  The members got to look through it and take home what they wanted  (for free)!!!  Ok, I didn't go crazy, but I did take lots of quilting fabric.  There was polyester double knit, felt, drapery, upholstery, and clothing fabrics.  A good ton of stuff!  I helped put things back into the lady's car who brought it all down there.  She said that at least half was taken home.  So I didn't take that much! 
 
The SMQ's Quilt show is this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at Maryville College in Maryville, TN.  Should be a terrific show!  Signs will point the way to free parking!  Small quilts and fabric items for sale.  Vendors from several states will be there.  (I have 5 entries in this!)  So come on over, or down to see the quilts.  Other exhibits will be up!
 
I'm going to help with set up on Thursday.   Terry and I will be going out of town this weekend, so I'll help the show before that.  We are going to a track to have fun driving!!!
 
So cut, sew, quilt, go see quilts, and have some fun this weekend!!!
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment