Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Slowly working on this vest...

One woman who was a charter member of the local guild, died.  Her family sent her fabrics to the meeting.  I found a ziplock bag with some things in it.  And it was a vest she was in the process of making.

She had constructed different  parts, like these, and I put them together my way.  (Since I never could read minds!)

This is the back!  A big pinwheel there.. . some machine quilting, and I admit, I'm not good at that at all!

As you can see, there are a few wrinkles on the other side.  Hoping they just iron out!

These are the front pieces!  I love how it turned out!

The inside of the front pieces!  I had enough strips to make one whole side.  Then went to the light blue that I had added.  The way I do vests now... is finish all the edges off first.  Then overlap the shoulders to make it fit.  Then overlap the sides to adjust to fit.  How many times do you make something and it just isn't right!!!

At the show, we had a display of small quilts that the Thursday Bee Group had made.  We used Jim Lyal's naturally dyed fabrics, and we each made one in techniques that we use today.

Not sure I spelled his name right.  He died several years ago, and his wife brought the fabrics to us and Tuesday Bee.

Love all the variations!

Hope you all got to see them there!
 
We went to the Mid Ohio Track last Sunday.  Drove on Monday and Tuesday!  Terry did great!!!  He's good!  Got up into the intermediate group and soloed!!!  I drove Monday and was ok.  I rode with the instructor in his car and after 1 1/2 laps, I was car sick!  UGH!!!  This is why I like to drive.  So Monday afternoon, I just hung out.  Tuesday was great!  I was learning the track and getting better.  You just need to keep at things.  DONT QUIT! 
 
Same with quilting.  Try new things, different fabrics and designs.  It's fun to discover something new that you can do easily, or use different ideas.  I'm forever buying magazines and books.  The ideas are all here.  I need things to look at to get the spark going some days.  I love seeing what else people are making. 
 
Ever stop and just say, "I want to make something else that no one else has ever done!"  It's not as easy as it sounds but that's what keep the quilting world fresh!  You might not like modern quilts, but they will lead us into other designs.  I love them  And that has been around for a while.  It's just started to be "accepted".  So get in there and cut something up.  Try laying it out in a few different ways and take a picture of those.  Then mix it up with something else.  Cut across it and add lines.  Put in folded triangles and beads!  This is supposed to be fun!!!
 
Patty.


No comments:

Post a Comment