Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

What 'cha doing?

Look!  My table is cleared off!!!  Doesn't happen much...but I have to baste a quilt.

Backing down and secured with painters tape.  Don't pull it tight, just keep it from moving and wrinkling up.  Batting down and smooth.

I use boxed to hold down the top while I baste it.

It's basted.  the white thread doesn't show up too well in these pictures. 

It's in the frame and I plan on sitting down and figuring out how I want to quilt it.  I'll follow the design.

I'm also making a couple of pin cushions for the show to sell at their booth.

And I'm trying my hand at machine quilting.  Not very good by any means, but you have to start somewhere! 

Here's the next top on the design wall.  I haven't appliqued down the "ferns".  I'm just playing with shapes.
 
 

And I'm quilting the border on the one that came out of the frame.  Almost done on this quilt!
 
So what are you playing on today!  It's raining out and I'm sewing.  I need a mocha/coffee thing to get more energy going.  Gray days don't give me much energy.  So I need to put on a movie to listen to that has a lot of music or activity going on. 
 
I don't understand why so many people are destashing their fabric collections.  I want to play with all mine!  Cut things up, mix and match.  Try new techniques!  Sew it all up!  Don't be worried about mistakes... you can give those away to the relatives you don't like!  Just get in there and have more fun!
Patty
Ps.  Some one asked my why I don't get many comments?  I don't know....anyone out there?

1 comment:

  1. OK here is a comment. Love your work. Is this enough comment?
    Sue McKelvy

    ReplyDelete