Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Necktie quilts!

A new book that is out, written and quilts by Christine Copenhaver!  She's a good friend of mine and she came to the meeting last night to show us her quilts and the book.

Christine with the pile of quilts!

These are some of the quilts from her book.  A Dresden plate variation.

Lots of ties went into the making of these!

I love these quilts with the black squares in between the strips.

This one is not in the book.  It is made with power red ties!

She hasn't finished with one yet!  All yellow ties!  I love it!

Here's a view of the piled quilts.  There are lots of instructions in the book.  Plus how to take apart neckties and what to put on the fabric to make it easier to use. 

Can you see the border?  It's ties that haven't been taken apart! 

Another quilt done with straight pieces.  Ties are 54" long.  Nice width for a quilt.

This is "Grandfather's Flower Garden"!  Too Cute!

There are some small projects in there also.

6 point stars, each one made out of 1 tie.

this one is not in the book.  But it's beautiful!
 
The book is out now by C&T Publishing for $24.95.  The number is 9781607059585.  You can go to the blog for C&T or I think the book will be on line for sale at other places.  She's a great speaker if anyone wants her to come and give the lecture.  She does work full time, so may have to work around her schedule. 
 
I don't make necktie quilts, but after you see how they shine in the light, you just want to start collecting them!  Right now I have so many things going on, that I can't fit anything else into the sewing room!
 
I didn't get down to the lecture today at the E. TN. Historical Museum.  They were going to be talking about the clothes that are used in the Downton Abbey series, and clothing made back then.  I just got doing things and decided not to run downtown again.  I am going to bee tomorrow, and have a quilt to baste.  If I could find the top to my table, I could do it here.... too much work to get it completely cleared off. 
 
I did sign up to help set up the quilt show.  It's May 22 thru 24 in Maryville, TN.  It's always got interesting quilts to see, and vendors with great stuff!  Then I'll go see it all set up.  Terry and I signed up for another track event, so I won't be there at the end of the show.  I'm trying to keep up with things around here.  Some days, I'm just so worn out... Need to start drinking coffee!  I do drink hot chocolate with 1/2 a teaspoon of instant coffee in it.  But since we mix decaf with regular, some times I don't get a kick from the coffee flavor.  Placebo coffee just doesn't work.
 
I have so many ideas for quilts that I just have to start them all so I don't forget my ideas!
Keep quilting! 
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment