Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Things going on...

Ok!  I took afternoon off from other quilts to make this little bag.  The pattern is BB Bags by Brookshier Design Studio.  I made the smallest one, by mistake... I wanted the medium one.  But I love this size... just means I'll be making a couple more!

Now I can usually look at directions and "get" them right away...but this was 8 pages long to make this little purse!  Confusing as all get-out!  But I kept going... seems you have to line ever piece and that wasn't clear from the start.  Also some pieces get interfacing...and then you have to watch if you are fussy cutting the pictures like I did.  So it would be easier if you just use a fabric that doesn't have an up or down. 

But I love this fabric and it was calling out to be in a bag!  There is a pocket there on the back, so I fussy cut that to make it line up. 
 
Then the handle called for sewing a strip.  Dull, boring.  I have this jumbo rickrack and I added the smaller red onto it to keep it from stretching out.  Silly thought since it wouldn't have much weight in it anyways.  But I think this will be a great little thing for going to quilt shows and traveling!
 
I had fun!!!
Patty


No comments:

Post a Comment