Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Monday, January 5, 2015

Old and new!

Old Dresden Plate quilt.  I bought the top from an antique shop.  (there is another quilt under it that you can see the borders.)  The Dresden plate quilt is for sale.  Hand quilted by me.  It would probably fit a full size bed easier than a queen.  Beds were just smaller a long time ago.  So if you are interested, leave a comment. 

This one I just finished quilting.  51" x 51".  It's for a charity that the local guild helps.  They give quilts to people going through chemo.  Keeps them warm while they sit there for hours.  I just have to put the binding on it.
 
Quilt shows will be starting up soon!  I try to get to a few every year.  Love seeing other peoples work.  And always want to see what is being sold at the vendors.  No real new tools that I just can't live without. 

Close up of the stitching. 
 
What's the latest and greatest tool that you have found that makes your sewing easier?  I got a great seam ripper out of turned wood for the handle.  It does make it easier to hold and rip away!
 
Terry also got some music for me!  When Mike was little there was Discovery Toy Company.  I got music that was so much fun to listen to in the car traveling.  But it's on cassette..and Terry found it on CD for me!!!  So cute!  I have to get the CD's into the car so I can laugh while driving. 
 
I do have movies on while I'm in the sewing room.  The action ones keep me going!  The ones with music are great while designing.  I love the comedies while it's gray and rainy out. 
 
So pull out some pretty colors and start a new quilt.  It's a new year!  Try a new technique and stop worrying about if it's going to work or not!  It will lead you to something else.  The trip is the fun part also!
 
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment