Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Another one done!

This is a beautiful Hawaiian quilt that I just finished hand quilting for a customer and good friend!  I love it!  Used a gold/green thread.  Almost the whole spool of 500 yards. 

Quilted around the pattern in the 3 sided border.  Looks really cool!

She put in bamboo batting, which was very easy to quilt through and lies very flat when done.
 
Last night was SMQ's meeting.  Yardsale and ice cream... you can't beat that!  Do I need more fabric?  Nope.  Did I get more fabric?  Yup.  I even got a piece of fabric that I had made a dress when I was in Jr. High School!  Wow!  I still love it!  Bright, swirling colors!!!
 
July 4th is Norris Quilt show!  Y'all come and see wonderful quilts in Norris, TN.  The whole town gets into the 4th celebration.  They close part of the center of town.  Kids decorate their bikes, then they race them in different age groups.  Under tents are the boy scouts, bake sale, library sells books, the lion's club has the bbq lunch, and local women bake pies and sell them!  I always come home with a pie! 
 
I'll be helping with setting up the show and be there for most of the show.  If you want to "step into a Norman Rockwell painting", come to Norris for the day!  They also set up the slip and slide on the little hill side for the kids to go down!
 
Got to go get things done this morning so I can quilt the rest  of the day!!!
Patty

3 comments:

  1. I just stumbled upon your blog as I was looking for quilting blogs. That quilt is gorgeous!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt, is it needle turned or reverse applique?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty do you know where the Norris show is at? And hours.

    ReplyDelete