Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Last week was busy around here!

Had 4 guys here all working like crazy on the bathrooms.  This will be my tub/shower.

this is the closet next to the tub.

Doors are here waiting to be painted and put up.

A filter has been put in the main intake for the return air.

And the walk in shower for the masterbath room is getting there.

In the sewing room, I marked and basted the next quilt to get done.  Very old quilt top.

This is a piece all done with hand dyed fabrics.  The man who did the dying, only used natural things for dyes.  Then some of the Bees are going to make individual blocks to show updated techniques and ideas using the fabrics.
 

I'm on block 9 and 10 of the Hawaiian quilt that is in the frame.  It's such a gentle quilt to work on.  I love the Hawaiian style of quilts. 

Now these spice girls were made by my friend, Mary, who came up in April for about 5 days.  We went around to flea markets, yard sales, and antique/junk shops.  She got the glass salt and pepper shakers with the metal tops to make these.  I love them!!!  The blue one is mine and the green one goes to Tone.  they are holding little scissors!
 
So if you have something that you like to make, Make it and give it away!  You will make someone smile and be happy!!!  Mary does sell these.  She's 81, so there's no website...but if anyone is interested, I may be able to connect you by mail or phone!  She makes all kinds of things!
 
I have so many projects of my own that I want to work on.  Now I'll also have to make curtains for the 3 bedrooms and one bathroom.... Maybe something patched?
 
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment