Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Monday, April 7, 2014

One is done!!!

And I love it!!!  It's baskets of flowers and feather wreaths.  All pieced by hand and I quilted it by hand. 

Close up shows that each pieced block was all little squares.  Every block the same.  Amazing!

Feather wreath keeps it more traditional.

Not sure you can see the quilting in the flowers.  I did around each flower.  There are 3 stems and each flower has a leaf. 

Next one in the frame!  It's from Hawaii done by a very good friend.  Always exciting to start quilting the next one!!!
 
Construction on the house is coming along.  Lots of insulation went in today.  I'm putting a "hold" on the work for the rest of the week.  A good friend is coming up from Florida.  We are planning on seeing lots of the Dogwood festival and Cirque de Soleil!  I have never seen them.  Mary said she saw them 15 years ago, and let's go!  And don't get the cheap seats!  So I went to the ticket office today and got seats on the 5th row!!!  I'm excited about seeing this.
 
I'll fit in some quilting, but sometimes you just have to go have fun.  Terry wouldn't go to this show, so I love that I'm going with someone who's also excited about it. 
 
You have to have fun!
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment