Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Friday, March 14, 2014

Been moving things around the house.  Terry gets home next week, and the carpenter will come and the remodel will start!!!  I got the mattress and boxspring down stairs today.  Now it's not what you think.  We have a sleep number bed, and the whole thing comes apart in pieces and sections.  30 pieces in all.  So they aren't that heavy, but after going up and down the stairs enough times to get it all together, I'm spent.  At least the bed is made up and the sheets and blankets are all washed.  Haven't slept in the basement before, so this is going to be interesting.  Do you get so used to your house and the way things are that you don't know if you like it when you change something?

I'm open to change...hence the remodel.  But I want it done quicker than the last time.....6 months, and then getting furniture took another 8 to 10 weeks.  Just saying, faster please!

So I have an easy weekend to quilt and stop moving things around.  I have taken everything I can move to the basement.  Tried to move the bureaus, but they are so heavy even with the drawers out of them, I couldn't do it.  They are weighted so if you have all the drawers pulled forward, it won't tip. 

Anyways, I have been trying to find the quilts I would like to enter into the quilt show.... and I spent a couple of hours down in the little room where I have stuffed them into...and boxes of my hanging clothes, shoes, batting, and boxes of my sweaters.  The quilt I really wanted to find was actually up in the sewing room under the cutting table!  I really wish I could remember where I put things away!

The quilt show is in May... I have a few to enter.  It's interesting.  I used to enter shows for feedback from judges.  Then I wanted to actually win something or get goodies.  Next came the fact that I wanted people to see my quilts so they would hire me to quilt theirs.  Now that I'm not going to take in more...I'm starting to do more of my own.  I love the freedom of just making things for fun again!  Crazy ideas...and I don't care if the judges "get them".  I plan on doing more series and try new techniques.... and just play around.  And cut up a lot of the fabrics that I have been buying for years!

I give you all "permission" to play and cut up!  Patty

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Patty. Glad to hear you're committing to your own work--so much more fun, isn't it?
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete