Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What did you do last weekend?!

We took off to the track!  Terry is getting the car onto the trailer.  Truck is loaded up and ready to go. 

This is Terry getting ready to go on the track with the instructor, Chris.  (You can see me in the shine of the car taking the picture.)

Ready....

Set....  Gone!
 
We had so much fun driving fast, fast on the track.  Now it's not a race, that's for sure, or I wouldn't be doing this!  We go out with plenty of space between the cars.  You have to have an instructor until they decide you are driving well enough to be without one in the car.  You are there to learn to handle the cars better with safety first....and lots of fun.!  I got faster with each session!!!  I can now take curves at 45 to 65 mph!  And the long straight away I was doing at about 105 to 109 consistently.
 
I passed 5 cars in one session and another car in another session with the petal to the metal in 4th gear!  I am having so much fun!  Chin Motorsports is the company that sets up great track days.  We also had to attend the 2 classes on Saturday, and 1 on Sunday.  They really explain the dynamics of cars going fast and around corners, vision, and take each corner and explain the best (and safest) way to take them.  So if you can go watch one of these track days or weekends, you will probably want to join in the fun.  It's something that Terry and I can do together!!!  We do have a video and he took pictures of me out there driving.
 
Ah....now to be home smiling after a great weekend.  Just filled up the fridge with food and there's a quilt meeting tomorrow.  I haven't sewn anything in over 4 days.  My fingers are loosing the tough pads that build up!  Time to eat lunch and sew!!! 
 
Go have some fun!  If you don't do it today, you'll be a day older before you get to it!
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment