Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Thursday, January 23, 2014

More of the quilt show!

I'll keep adding pictures as the days go on!  There was a small group of circular quilts.  Thought it had to be another challenge group.













There's Candace!


Some of this was painted.  Really great.
3-D work was very interesting on this one.







Titanic!  Really looks like underwater.



There was only 1 handquilted one there.  Most of everything else was super machine quilted.  And I'm not talking about the quality of the quilting, but how much was on each piece.  The thread companies must be making a fortune.  More isn't always better in my book.  And a hand quilter can't compete against massive quilting if that's all the judges are looking for. 
 
Bits and Pieces guild had their meeting yesterday.  They were selling the fabrics that were in the charity quilt's stash.  They need money to pay to have the quilts quilted up.  So I got some older fabrics that can be used in the antique quilts that I get.  Should help me with bindings!
 
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment