Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Friday, December 6, 2013

No pictures today....

I have spent all afternoon trying to box up and wrap things that need to be shipped for Christmas time.  I am not ready this year at all!  I used to have to ship things to England by October 31st when there was still surface shipping.  It would take months, but it was cheaper.  Now there is only airmail and about $26 to send less than 4 pounds, and over $50 for up to around 10 pounds!  So you know I'm trying to be careful what gets packaged up and sent, and what can wait until we go over again in 2014. 

I also threw out and got rid of all the extra boxes that were down stairs since we are almost all moved out of the bedrooms upstairs.  Great.... so I really have been digging to find stuff.  Got all but one boxed up.  I'll have to go to the post office to get a priority box. 

So no quilting done today!  What?  I feel like I haven't eaten!  Tomorrow will have to be a work day to make up for not getting things worked on today.  Terry did ask me if I had thought about "retiring"!  Mmmm?  What would that entail?  I guess it would mean NOT taking in hand quilting for other people.  I would then have time to just work on my own stuff!!!  I LOVE THAT IDEA!!!  So if you have something you want done, y'all better get it to me! I have 6 in here right now to work on, which will probably take me to next fall.  I will have to stop taking items in about a year before I can "retire".  Sounds silly, but I can't just close my door in a day, week, or month. 

Ah!  Almost a relief to think about that!  Terry wants me to stop taking in others' quilting so we could just take off when ever we want!  OMG!  I'm there!  I would love to just go traveling when ever and have some more fun like the last trip. 

And I do have enough fabric to last me the rest of my life and have some left! 

I may start to cut down on how many are here in the house to be worked on.... If there is anyone out there that does do hand quilting for others, please let me know.  I will be checking up on your work and be in touch.  I don't want to leave people without a hand quilter!  But I am slowing down too. 

I have plenty of my own things that are over a year or two waiting to get done.  I think I'll get out a calendar this weekend and start making plans on when to stop.  Yea...
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment