Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Saturday, October 12, 2013

What I have been doing.

This is the piece of fabric I got in Italy!  I thought it was thread painted when I first saw it, but it's not.  It's woven this way and is reversible.  So black on white, and white on black.  Been thinking about what to work it into!

I have been repairing this one and it's basted and it in frame.  It was interesting...the plates have different numbers of pieces in them!  20 to 27!

That's why some lie flatter than others!

Grandmother's flower Garden is out of the frame now.  I'm marking the borders and quilting out to the edges.  Almost done!

On vacation, this was given to me.  It holds 3 pairs of sissors.  I also got the pattern, and it looks so easy!  I can see making these for Christmas presents!
 
Was a busy week with gardening done, and still more to go.  Got my haircut and a few other things done.... But not enough quilting done.  So the next 2 weeks while Terry is at work, I'll be getting much more done.  I feel like I'm finally back "here".  Took longer than usual, but that's because it was such a good vacation.
 
One of the women at bee had a great saying, "You are your own piece of work".  Love that!  Be yourself and have fun! 
Patty

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Patty, just a quick stop to say that I enjoyed the pictures from your trip--and what a trip! Beautiful piece of fabric you picked up in Italy--too good to cut!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete