Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Monday, October 28, 2013

It's done!

My uneven log cabin is finished.  I was calling it "Wonky Logs", but I saw another quilt on line with that name.  Should I keep it or not?
 

I started this Memorial weekend in 2012.  So it does take me time to get to my own quilts.  Still needs a label and casing to hang it up.

Did the quilting in the middle of each block at angles.  Love the curvy lines and waves.

Used all different colored threads in this.  Started out with scraps from my bags of scrap, but as the pieces needed to be bigger and longer, I did pull fabrics out of the stash.  Why not!  I have enough! 
 
I love bright colors.  I do work with softer colors every once in a while.  But usually in the winter, I use the bright stuff.  Winter is dull and gray.  Need time with all the lights on and colors! 
 
Got plenty of things to do around the house in the next two days.  Also need to baste another one of my very large quilts.  I keep changing my mind on what to quilt in it.... So once I figure that out... then I can mark it and get going on it. 
 
Chocolate break, then other work...
Patty

2 comments:

  1. I just have to share how much I love this.... Beautiful fun work.... Thanks I am now following you.
    Karin
    From: www.openbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful and interesting quilt. The colours are very optimistic.

    ReplyDelete