Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I'm not staying focused very well today!

We have a spider outside the sliding glass door.  He's been there for quite a while, eating bugs that would have come into the house.  So I'm fine with him on the outside!

Went and saw my quilt on display at the Art Center in Oak Ridge, TN.  I got an honorable mention....a $25 gift certificate at an Art Supply store!  Love it!

Ok..this is my challenge piece for SMQ..if you are a member, close your eyes and forget you saw this!  It's not done yet.  There will be something else added to it.  The challenge is Black & White and a splash of color. 

Now can you see the color?  The title of this is
"Kudzu Never Dies". 

Ta-da!  My first jelly roll!  The colors just called out to me.  Not sure what will happen yet, but this will be fun.

Here's what's in the frame now. 

And I'm working out to the edge on this piece.  Hope to get this done this week! 
 
I can't seem to stay focused today.  Cloudy with light rain.  Just makes me want to get out and do something.  But what?  I want to work on my own things right now, but I'm behind on cusstomers things.  So tomorrow at bee, I'll do my things, and then on Saturday.    Although I think there is a BIG craft show up in Asheville?  Went last year on the spur of the moment with Brenda... maybe we should do that again! 
 
Keep Calm
and
Quilt.
 
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment