Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Friday, August 9, 2013

Top almost done.

Ok, you can see where I added on the rows of the extra florets with the muslin hexes.  I had to cut out all the muslin pieces...and stitch them all into place!

It hangs all the way to the floor....

and the length is pretty good too!  I have to add a strip of muslin on each side to make the edges straight.  So after I iron this (tomorrow) I will cut the strips, baste them in place, then turn the edges under on each hexagram and get those borders on.  Then piece the backing and baste.  Hopefully, I'll get it in the frame in an other week. 
 
I love the fabrics in this!  Just wonderful little prints.  I really feel that every quilt top should get finished.... so my work will never be over.  I have at least 4 more quilts in here now and about 5 more that I expect to be coming in.  So if you don't hear from me at times, then I'm at the frame just having a blast!
 
Terry's home and we are getting so much done.  He's working on the trailer now.  Not sure why a fairly new trailer needs to have the wheels lubed...but he wants to do this.  Ok... last night he left the keys in the truck...in the ignition...and it wasn't running, but the key was turned to on.  WHAT?  The battery was so dead.  Just strange that he did that!!!!  We are getting old.  Anyways, he's getting the battery recharged.  I'm going to work on my own projects this weekend. 
 
Art Center is going to have the open art show soon.  So I should take a look at what I can put in there.  Entry fee is $45 for up to 3 pieces.... kind of on the high side, but I don't seem to be entering many shows this year.
 
Stay Calm
and
Quilt.
 
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment