Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Did add binding....

I wasn't going to put on binding, but then thought it would add more color and frame it in.

Put the casing on, and a label.

Here's the G.Flower Garden quilt.  You can see the quilting on the backing there.  Been busy on this one.

Another view point, but you can see the flowers puff up more when quilted.

This is my sewing table... no room to sew.  I found my snake that swallowed the tomato pin cushion.  I know....I'm nuts.  But these things are fun to make!

AND, Terry and I stained the deck.  We finally had 2 days with very little rain...so we pressure washed it one afternoon, then stained it the next day.  Worn out!  And it's been raining on and off ever since.
 
Car has visited the shop and parts have been ordered.  So another stop there this week.  Went to pick out eye glasses....and I don't care what you say, that's 1 1/2 hours to go through all that.  Getting pretty blue frames!  Add in all the usual laundry, dinners, pizza runs, dinner across the street with friends, and Saturday with my friend in Maryville, and the whole week and gone by. 
 
Terry just left today to head back to work.  We thought he might get to stay home for the next 2 weeks before our vacation..... nope.   So I have plenty of things to do.  Including trying to pack.  It takes me weeks.  I put out everything I think I would want, which is always toooooooo much.  Then I start to thin it out.  I always forget things so I do add back to the pile.  And then you only use half of what you bring anyways. 
 
Monday night is the guild's meeting in Oak Ridge and the challenge pieces will be coming in.  I'm in charge of this, so I have a ton of things to bring down there!!!  Have to use the truck.    I should have my camera there.... if not, I'll see what I can do about pictures.  Should be on the site for the Ritzy Thimbles Quilt Guild. 
 
Have fun with friends, and make new ones! 
Enjoy your fabrics!
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment