Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Friday, July 19, 2013

Grandmother's flower garden is coming along.  Have to cut out several hexes to fill in between the florets that I added on to the edge of the quilt.

You can see the spaces that need the 3 in a row of the hexagrams.  Then I will add on a wide strip of muslin to make the edges straight.  This means turning under the edges of every hexy in there and appliqueing down.  Yup.  A lot of work.

Here's one that is finished quilting in the frame.  It's ready to come out.  The table is busy right now, so that has to wait until I get the hexes at least in between the florets.

It's this cute!  I found it in an antique shop in Clinton.  It's part of a top, but I'll quilt it up and finish it.  For $6, I couldn't leave it there gathering dust.  It needs some attention and care to be a small wall hanging. 
 
I'm working as fast as I can.  Need to work on my challenge piece for next month at the Oak Ridge guild!  I'm in charge of it, so I feel I should make a piece.  Just been busy!  Don't have any thing little in progress, so I'll do something.  Ever do the method of the "Zig and the Zag of it"?  Fast and fun!!!  So I'm going to use that way to make the quilt.  I'll take pictures as I go along. 
 
Remember, don't put the quilt on the bed until the cat dies.
 
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment