Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Saturday, May 11, 2013

It's done!!!  IT'S DONE!!!!
 

This woman took 11 years to hand piece this whole quilt.  106 x 89".  It's huge. 

There are 2 main blocks.  this is one, and

this is the other.  So when they are placed every other block, you get the inner sashing that runs on the diagonal.  Very creative.

I don't know if you can see what I quilted in the border or not.....
 
So 2 got finished this week!!! Next one is in the frame and I have to work up an estimate on the other one...
 
There is a wedding coming up soon and a good friend of mine is coming into town around the 20th.  So there will be house cleaning to do and other things going on.  Then she leaves and I'll be getting ready to head to my sisters.  And some gardening... and time will fly by.  I can't believe we are in May already.  I thought things would slow down after a while, but there always seems to be more to do.  I have a hammock that never seems to get put up.  And 2 years ago the tree that we used to hook it to, came down in a storm.  So I need to get some place to sit and relax outside!!!
 
Keep quilting even with nice weather outside!
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment