Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Last night was the Ritzy Thimbles quilt meeting.  And these women are so creative!  Whether it's small quilts or large ones, they are very productive!  So here's some eye candy from the meeting!  This is the front and the next picture will be the backing.

It's for Elenor.

This one has very gentle colors.  The border will be scalloped.  Curtains for the bedroom will match the border fabric.  I have never done a whole bedroom all coordinated before!

This is soooo colorful!  25 fat quarters make this one.  Very clever!

This was done by a group of weavers.  They each wove a block.  Then she put hers together into a quilt that is reversable.

You can see the woven block from both sides.

This was a quilt top that had been in a family and not finished.  So Nardia finished piecing it and quilted it.

Laura is getting into art pieces!  Excellent.

Another quick pieced quilt.
 
These women are great when it comes to making lots of quilts.  They are excited about new ideas and want to try everything that comes along.  It is so much fun to be around them. 
 
Terry left yesterday, so I'm cleaning and doing laundry and all that kind of stuff first.  Then I'll get down to some serious quilting!  I feel like I lost a week after starting on this new medicine... it makes me very dizzy and sick to my stomach.  Hard to work for very long when you feel like that.  I keep plugging along for as long as I can.  Then I go lie down for a bit.  I'm going to get through this! 
 
I'm getting close to the end of the lone star quilt that I have been dragging to bee every week.  Needs something else near the feather quilting.  Too much space there without quilting.... So I need to figure out if it'll be echo quilting, or cross hatching....or something else.  Usually know what I'm doing before I get almost done.  But nothing has come to mind yet.  I'll keep at it! 
 
Patty

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Patty. Nice quilt show. I especially like the weavers' quilt--very original and striking. Hope you're feeling better.
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - I hope you feel better soon! When do you leave for vacation over in Europe? I am going to be sending the Big Red Kahuna soon... we never found the other fabtric to make it bigger, so it will just have to be a throw size. It wasn't meant to be big anyway, but I DID find my next fun Hawaiian quilt --- and that one will be a queen size! Let me know when a good time to send it in! In the meantime, I hope spring brings you better health!

    ReplyDelete