Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Hi Everyone... hand quilting on the one in the frame so not much to show...  took a couple of days off from sewing.  Not intentionally, but we went to the garden shop and bought plants and new birdbath and a couple of pretty pots to put around the garden.  So you have to plant them when you get them home...which took all my energy. 

Been sleeping alittle more than usual.  On a new medicine to help out this problem.  Better than surgery, but it takes a while to get used to it... this will be long term stuff.  It makes me dizzy, sleepy, and alittle sick to my stomach.  So you just have to slow down and do what you can co.  Hopefully things will "level out" and problem will be controllable.  So doing a little less sewing.  I'm not happy about that.  But  you have to go with the flow.

There is a Modern guild meeting today, and I would love to finally get down there to meet these women!  Will bring down a quilt or two to show them my stuff.  I missed the woman who came to speak at SMQ's meeting.   I think "Modern" quilts are interesting... but have actually been being made for sometime.  Just they finally came up with a title for them.  Kind of a cross between Amish and Contemporary.  Most that I have seen are machine quilted.  I'll still hand quilt mine.  Just happen to love that and I have tried to machine quilt, but don't really enjoy sitting there with my arms and shoulders all tensed up shoving the quilt around under the needle.  Much easier moving the needle instead of the quilt!

Thursday bee has been doing a bag exchange...8 women each made the basic part of their bag and we are passing them around.  Then you add something to each one.  Themes are creative, and we are just having a good time working on them...So I will have pictures of those soon. 

Keep quilting no matter what!  Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment