Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Wow, today's the 26th!?  Days go by now and all blend together.  Several times I have had to change my lovely routine around to accommidate strange things that only happen once in a great while....like Sears coming to check the appliances in the kitchen.  4 appliances, guess how many men it takes to check that many?  One....nope....two....wrong again.  It took 3 different service men to come and check a microwave, cooktop, dishwasher, and the fridge.  So you spend a good part of the day waiting  for these guys to show up, each in his own truck with his own bag of tools to check things.  Thank goodness that everything is covered in those service contracts....that you forget you have spent the money on!!!!  And the sales pitch about how they will come once a year... well you forget about that until it's time to renew the contract and they tell you that again.  So I had them come out.  And they turned on the equipement and said, "Yup, it's running."  And that was it.  Should I renew the contract?  Well.... Terry wants to retire next year, so if you pay for this thing now, and anything goes wrong with the appliances, then it's worth it.  If nothing goes wrong with them, then you have not exactly wasted money....you can have several guys come to the house to check your stuff.  But if something DOES go wrong, then it's worth it's weight in gold.  So we are going to bite the bullet and get it renewed....

As for quilting, I have been sitting at the frame and enjoying that blue quilt.  Adding in white stitching makes the stars shine.  Really pretty.  I also worked on the last bag, and put on a perfume bottle.  That was a challenge.  First of all, I couldn't tell you what perfumes are out there.  So I had to find one pretty bottle and do it in fabric.  I think it turned out neat.  Pictures at a later time....

Got alittle more into the sheep quilt.  Marked the border after finally deciding what to put on there.  It's a slow going thing.  Finished piecing a surprise for someone.... needs some applique on it. 

Guild in Norris tomorrow.  I will demo alittle something.  One woman took a class using the wedge ruler and needed ideas on what to do with the pieced section she finished.  I have made vests using those... so I'll show how I did that.

Ok?  Do you believe that spirits are around?  I find that a couple of little things have been going on around here, and just not sure what to make of it.  Coincidence?  Maybe.  Last night I got up to go the bathroom in the middle of the night and never turn on a light.   When I came back into the bedroom, there was a green light lit up on the cable box....?  That shouldn't be on.  And it went off later.  My CPAP machine lost pressure one night.... I turned it off and then back on.  No more problems.  Odd.  Then tonight when I was in the living room, something fell down into the bathtub... Just odd stuff, but I think I watch too many Ghost Hunter shows.  I kind of like the idea that someone is here with me.  Just not sure what to do with them.  I'm usually back in the bedroom to play nintendo, love Dr. Mario, but the box quit working.... so maybe they miss me being back there more!  Need my Dr. Mario fix!  Anyone have the NES nintendo box up for sale?

Ok, I'm alittle bit nerdy.  But matching up the colors quickly is kind of fun to me.  Well, got plenty of projects to go work on.  It's rainy again.  I'm so tired of winter!!!!!    Patty

1 comment:

  1. I have a box you can have Patty. I haven't used it in years. Also a paperbox box of games if you want those as well. I actually have a Wii, PS3 and XBox 360 I use as I need my game fix as well.

    ReplyDelete