Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What has happened to the days!!?  They are all blurred together with getting things done and being organized to get them done.  Terry left monday and I spend ALL day running around.  Did get somethings done that HAD to get done.  I had things in a shop to be sold... and went and got the left overs today.  Now come to find out that $136 worth of things had sold and I never got paid!  What would you do?  The shop has changed hands, so it's up to the previous owner to pay me, and she's in another state.  Here I go again with trying something different only to have it bite me.  I'm going to try and get my half of the money. 

Then I went and got 3 more of the cardboard boxes that look like books.  They are a great size for storing things in like buttons,zippers, etc.  So I have quite a few now and will fill them up with goodies to put on quilts.  After getting those, got gas...at least at Kroger, I can get a discount from buying food.  What's up with gas prices again?  Off for lunch and a couple more errands.  Out until about 2pm.  I'm never out running that much. 

Get home and started putting things away, and more things to go somewhere else, and then get more stuff sorted out.  Time for dinner and then the guild meeting.  Got show and tell bagged up and other things to talk about.  Then I started to look for some paper work that should have been handy.  Yea, right.... I still need to organize that paperwork better.  And if I use a computor, it will be for a paperweight!  Just don't want to have to fight with a computer to do things MY way.  I don't want my programing to change. 

So need to baste the next quilt to go into the frame, and get started on the next quilt to be pieced.  Add in a surprise gift for someone... and keep working on the sheep.  And I don't have time in the next 2 1/2 days to do any of this!  UGH!  I now have  a test I have to go have done on thursday morning first thing, so no eating that morning.... more on that when I get results.  Or why worry. 

Keep going and try to stay a day ahead of everyone!  Yard sales this summer to get rid of my extra stuff around here.  Unless I can figure out Craigs list! 

Stay calm and quilt.  Patty

2 comments:

  1. Craig's List works okay - be prepared to have your price reduced at least 25% from your asking price and also be ready to jump at a moment's notice to either be home for them to pick up the merchandise or send it out to them. That's been my experience, but I have also only sold larger items like yard machines and furniture. Sometimes, E-bay is a better venue, but again, there are hoops to jump. The yard sale option is work and fun all in one. We're lucky to live in a location where yard sales can easily be set up and run - we even have a parking lot adjacent to our house (how convenient is that). Yard sales allow you to get the misery out of the way in short periods of time rather than constantly worrying with phone calls and missed appointments! And don't you live close to the route of the countries ongest yard sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, I meant to say "Country's Longest Yard Sale"...

    ReplyDelete