Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Saturday, February 23, 2013

This is the one I just basted!  It's beautiful.  It's large!  And  it's going to take a long time to quilt this one!  It's actally 2 large blocks and they make up a wonderful pattern when put together.  The woman took 11 years to HAND piece this.  She did a super job.  Some of that time, she was taking care of someone else, so there was a pause in that 11 years. 
 
Ok, it took longer than I thought to mark the borders and baste it.  I was hopeing to be done  with the binding on the other quilt. 
 
Too much other stuff that isn't fun that I have to get done.  Paperwork and cleaning around here.  I put it off for a while.  But the sun is shine and the dust critters are laughing at me.  Time to go after them before they start to move the furniture around.
 
On facebook,  Quilt Life magazine had a question about "is hand quilting coming back?"  I got kind of miffed at that!  It didn't leave.  Machine quilting takes less time so more are made and shown, but it doesn't mean that hand quilting got less.  It just isn't RIGHT UP IN YOUR FACE.
 
Ok, I have to go and get some things done.
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment