Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Sunday, February 10, 2013

I have been quilting for 2 days now.  My fingers are sore, but I'm happy.  The modern quilt is coming along quickly.  The baby quilt has 12 blocks out of 80 to go.  The Sheep barely got anything done on it.  I'm happy that things are getting done. 

I have also been doing a little reorganizing of the boxes that hold things like zippers, elastic, and things like that.  I got the boxes that look like books from Michaels store.  They fit in the cabinet really well and look better than those boxes that I have been using for over 30 years.  I need to go through other cabinets to sort out the stuff in there.  I have been getting things and just sticking them in there without sorting.  So it's starting to spill out when you open the doors!  I hate to spend time doing this, but it's either this or spending time digging when I want to just  grab something and get to work.

On a different note, do you ever wonder what happened to some people from your past?  Not old boyfriends, but friends from the family's past.  I was thinking about some that I last heard they lived on Long Island...which got hit by that storm.  So of course you wonder if they are there and ok.  Well, I found the family, and they may be there...so do you call out of the blue?  I want to.  The parents were friends of my parents, so much so, they were my godparents.  Their son was my age.  The daughter was my brother's age, and there were 2 younger brothers...so my sister had to hang out with them.  Not always a good time, but families that were together alot way back when we were little. 

So I guess I should call, or nothing will happen....

And what's up with naming winter storms?  You know it snows every year!  It's winter, duh.  I don't understand why people don't get ready for weather.  You get food into the house and have snacks and water in the cars...and blankets.  Then you don't go driving in it unless someone is hurt and needs medical attention.  And even at that, you take a risk.  Common sense is really gone.  Winterize your house and car and stay put.  Make quilts.  Eat chocolate.  Sit in front of the fireplace and enjoy the quiet.  Name kids.  Name cars.  Name your house and each quilt.... but if it is raining or snowing, could you not get so excited and have to call it something.  If you didn't make it, you shouldn't name it. 

Ok, I'm good.  A little ranting is fine.  That was mine... and now back to our regularly scheduled show....

Cut and sew... Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment