Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Thursday, January 17, 2013


Picked up yesterday.
Nice to send them home. Just loved that one. She's going to put on the binding herself. Which is fine with me. Those scalloped edges are tricky.

We have snow. And it's way too cold out there for me. So I'm not sure what's going to happen the next few days around here. Tomorrow is friday and I usually go workout and go to the food store... The way things look on the news, it's terrible trying to get around and things are supposed to be freezing up tonight.

  In East TN, there is a strange thing that happens when it's going to snow , and does snow. Everyone runs to the store to buy bread and milk. No kidding. Bread and milk. It'll be all gone by tomorrow. Oh, and poptarts. I understand that. But I don't decide to just eat sandwiches and milk when it snows. I want soup and chocolate. At least our power is on. There are some people who don't have that. I put another quilt on the bed for tonight. Need that!

  At least I will always have things to work on. When you hand quilt, loosing the power is not such a big deal. Do need light.... I wonder where my giant light is? I'm so not prepared for anything.

  Terry's out for his evening walk. Ok, I'll get a good weather report later! People drive like there are dry roads no matter what, and then they wonder why they slid off the road.... Having grown up in New England with snow for 5 to 7 months of the year... I have a really good idea on how to handle snow driving. Like don't go if you don't have to! SLOW DOWN. Take the main highways when possible.... and have blankets, water, and food in the car. If you go off the road and it will be a while before you get help, you'd better be ready for that!

Enough of that for the night. I'm tired already and it's only 6:45... Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment