Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hi Everyone!  I haven't got any pictures today....worked on the sheep and started on the one in the frame.  Just a nice day.  Had a coffee out with Terry, got to Walmart, then home.  Did do a couple of hours of paper work.  You wouldn't believe the amount  of paperwork that comes up from making quilts.  Between trying to come up with things for the challenge for one quilt guild (I'll be in charge of this during 2013), then entry forms for the next show.... and keeping up with all the customers papers, and another guild sent out a 4 paper questionare!!!  FOUR pages.  They just don't "get" what the guild wants.

Let me explain... if you are hungry, and you have the same food in the house that you always get.  It's fresh, but you are so tired of it that you just don't want it.... That's where the guild is.  The same-old, same-old quilting stuff.  They get the same kind of classes set up... which is fine, but for most of the guild, they have taken those.  How to applique and machine quilt.  I think the guild wants more design classes.  What to do with all the beautiful fabrics they have!  What is "modern" quilting.  Show them fun, fast techniques that they can play around with. 

I have filled out the form and will turn it in.  Not sure if it will get read. I seem to remember filling these in or something like this every year for years now.  At least they are trying...but .... they have to be open to different ideas and ways of doing things.  Or no one is going to try to be involved. 

Ok, that's my rant for today.  I'm just having fun at home and quilting on my thing for the last couple of days.  Terry goes to a meeting out of town for a couple of days... so my pace changes alittle.  Need to clean the house alittle and that's easier to do when he's gone.  I speed clean..... don't ask.

I'm going to ask the guild to vote on what they want to do for the challenge.  I'll give them 3 choices... this will be fun to see what they want to do!  I believe, that if it's not fun, why do it?  Yea, you have to do some things...but you can make those fun too.  I like challenge ideas that have a double meaning.... like "Thread bare" or Thread Bear?   How about "Some settling may occur"?  That could be fun!  Or "high fiber content"!  Oooo!  There's so many designs that could come from fun thiings like that! 

Well, keep quilting!  It was pizza night.  Saturday night always is.  32 years Terry and I have been together, and we always have pizza on Saturdays!  Easy to run across town for a pizza down at the beer pond..... (that's a joke I heard on tv years ago....)

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment