Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Busy, busy, busy... got the borders on this one and basted it.  No marking.  Will use masking tape as I go along for any quilting lines.

Next up, plenty of piecing.  cut 2 strips and sew together, 56 times.   Make pairs....

Cut and sew, and sew, and sew, and sew.

And some more sewing.

Until you get blocks of 16 squares in each.... 28 of them.  I'm about half way through and going nuts just pushing these through the machine.

And here's all the pieces cut for the next 28 blocks.  A star block....

Here's what the pattern is.... I thought I had enough cut out for the 16 patch blocks.  As I neared the end of the pile, I was short.  ONly had 22 blocks going.  So I had to cut out more.  Since I had cut out the other stuff for the other 28 blocks, it was some tricky cutting!  There was just enough fabric!
 
So when you get a pattern, they are cutting it closer and closer to the exact amounts that you will actually use.  Wouldn't hurt to get an extra half yard or two!!!  If you slip when cutting, there is no margin for errors!  I don't have any of this kind of fabrics in my stash, so I would have had to go buy some (some place) if I had to make any other changes.  Also, one fat quarter that had been picked out, was faded on one edge where the fold had been near to light.  I did cut around that.  Wasn't going to use that one at all at first, but then had to!  So check those fat quarters to make sure the color is good all the way around. 
 
I love sewing, but this is not creative in some ways.  You do the same motions over and over.  So the next day or two, I'm planning on moving this to the side and doing something of mine.  Then I'll get back to this. 
 
Tomorrow is another guild's Christmas party.  I have to make a dessert. I'm an expert at brownies, so there you have it!  Last batch has the cream cheese that has the chocolate in it for the frosting!  Wonderful!!!  This batch, I have the toffee pieces to put in.  I get to lick the bowl.  Best part! 
 
Anyways, Christmas will be here in about 2 weeks.  Yikes.  I am sort of finished.  I would like to get one or two more things for Terry, but I'm stumped as to what in the world to get him.  Should be easy, right?  But he goes and gets what ever when ever. 
 
I vote for maid service!  What a great gift for one time or one year.  Think he would like that?
 
I have a few sayings on the bulletin board by this computor....
"There will be Drama."
Plan to be Surprised!
This could get Loud!
and "Strictly No Elephants!"
 
They make me smile.  Helps.
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment