Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Monday, November 26, 2012

Woke up way too early this morning and figured out a few things.  One is that Iwant to keep blogging and putting up pictures.  So I will have to sit down later today, when the cobwebs have cleared, and figure out how to pay the blogging company and keep going.  I should be able to figure this out!!!  I may also have to put on ads to earn alittle extra money to cover expenses.  For this, I appoligize ahead of time.  Seems the world is NOT free.  But hidden costs are even on the computer air waves.

I have been blogging for almost a year now and enjoy it.  I have several people who check on a regular basis from around the world.  That's fun to see where the "hits" are coming in from.  Quilters and artists are very visual people, so a blog without pictures is not good. 

Yesterday, I sewed like a fiend.  Pieced things that I have wanted to play around with, that have been sitting on the end of the table for a while.  Again, this morning, I realized that some stuff has been sitting there for over a year...and it's either, sew it up, or move it out!  I have some flannel slippers I cut out too long ago...and a tank top and skirt!  Dragon designs that have been waiting... ok, I got a customers piece done and it's in a box ready to go.  Another called yesterday and I have picked out colors...need to have them "ok-ed" then I can get cutting on that! 

I tried the easy stack and wack yesterday and got a small wallhanging together.  4 more blocks pieced and will do another...then started to cut out 2 cat wallhangings from a pattern by Frieda Anderson.  The iron maidens do everything with the iron on stuff.... but I'm piecing the background and will iron on the cat and plant.  I plan on hand quilting it and it's not as easy to hand quilt through the wonderunder stuff. 

I think I have all the stuff ready for the 3 guilds' Christmas parties.... each one has different things involved.  Food in everyone, then block exchanges, UFO trades, presents... etc.  So I have 3 piles going.  So I'm up about 2 1/2 hours early and really can't sleep.  If I stay in bed, then my back will hurt later from just rolling around.  So why not get upand sew and take a nap later...?  Sounds like a plan to me! 

So keep sewing as much as you can.  We don't own quilts, we are merely the next care takers of each one.  They will out last us.  I'm leaving behind as many as I can! 

Patty

1 comment:

  1. Did you delete the pictures as well as the posts. That is a second step. http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=46600

    ReplyDelete