Castles in Moonlight

Castles in Moonlight
Have plenty more castles!

Monday, November 5, 2012

Ok, here's some more pictures from a couple of ehibits in the Houston Quilt show.  This was "Black and White With a Twist".  There is a dragon picture somewhere...but it's not jumping out at me.  I view the pictures and they are about 1" square, so it's hard to tell what some of them are.
 
I really like the black and white quilts.  Each one is so different.

The quilting really makes this one.  Most of the quilts at the show were machine quilted.  And mostly art quilts too.

Very nice with the red in it.

Oriental design.  Sometimes simple is more of an impact design.

Love the sissors!  There were several quilts in the show with sissors in the design.

More black and white.....

And another row. 

I do love this last one.  Looks similiar to the quilt that I have started....well, some of the fabrics.  Mine has much more color....

Then there was an exhibit of the sea.  Loved this one.  It was so real.  So the next couple of pictures are from the side and detail so you can see it.  I was blown away!

Great work.

3-D work that was super.

This one really looked like it was floating!

I love water in quilts.  This was fantastic. 

Very cool scene.  Just could sit there with him. 
 
I have a couple hundred more pictures.  So I will post a few each day for a while. 
 
I'm trying to get a few things done in the sewing room.  It just is time consumming to try and get a quilt top together or quilt a quilt.  So mine is coming together..... As the parts come together, they take longer to handle and work on.... and the one in the frame is just big.  I have 2 more small pieces to do.  Then one woman coming next week with a quilt to be quilted.  And another customer needs another baby quilt by the end of March.  Plenty of work coming in and I'm jazzed and want to start a few things of my own!!!  It always happens like this.  So I do plan time to work on my own things.  I seem to get so much more done when I have more customers things in.  Because my time becomes limited, I don't waste it. 
 
But right now my eyes are crossing.  I didn't fall asleep last night until after 1;30 am.... why?  who knows.  But I can't seem to stay focused.  So no quilting.....
 
Paper work?  Should do that, but you need to be able to recall facts or at least find them.  So listing things that I have been working on for a couple of months won't work.  Ok, then....hot bath, and Dr. Mario?  Probably.  It's just relaxing to do nothing important at the end of the day.
 
It'll quilt out! 
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment